There are so many reasons that those who live in Jackson Hole have chosen to so. The quality of life in nearly unmatched between the scenic beauty, recreation, proximity to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks and the #1 rating by SKI Magazine for the best ski resort in North America.
We also have another rating and it is one that is more practical. For years, Bloomberg has rated Wyoming as the most tax-friendly state in the U.S. As you read through the points below it becomes clear that for many, it make more sense than ever to have Jackson Hole, WY as your primary residence.
- No state income tax
- Dynasty trusts can shield your real estate from federal estate taxes for up to 1,000 years
- Wyoming repealed its estate tax as of January 1, 2005
- Somebody who owns property in Wyoming can ‘gift’ that real estate to their heirs without paying a state gift tax
- Wyoming doesn’t tax retirement income that’s earned outside of Wyoming
- Wyoming has very low property taxes compared to other states
- No excise taxes in Wyoming
- A lot of states charge owners a tax on their mineral ownership, but Wyoming does not
- Wyoming doesn’t make you pay a tax on financial assets like stocks and bonds
- No tax on the sale of real estate